Continuous level measurement – Ultrasonic transmitters
• Continuous level measurement up to 12 m (40 ft) range
• Easy installation and simple start-up
• Programming using infrared Intrinsically Safe handheld programmer, SIMATIC PDM or HART® Communicator
• Communication using HART
• ETFE or PVDF transducers for chemical compatibility
• Patented Sonic Intelligence signal processing
• Extremely high signal-to-noise ratio
• Auto False-Echo Suppression for fixed obstruction avoidance
• Level to volume or level to flow conversion
The SITRANS Probe LU is ideal for level monitoring in the water
and wastewater industry and chemical storage vessels.
The range of SITRANS Probe LU is 6 or 12 m (20 or 40 ft). Using
Auto False-Echo Suppression for fixed obstruction avoidance,
as well as an improved signal-to-noise ratio and improved accuracy of 0.15 % of range or 6 mm (0.25″), the Probe LU provides
SITRANS Probe LU includes Sonic Intelligence® signal processing from the field-proven Probe and incorporates new echo processing features and the latest micro-processor and communications technology. The Probe LU offers two communications
options: HART or PROFIBUS PA (Profile version 3.0, Class B).
The transducer on the Probe LU is available as ETFE or PVDF to
suit the chemical conditions of your application. As well, for applications with varying material and process temperatures, the
Probe LU incorporates an internal temperature sensor to compensate for temperature changes.
• Key Applications: chemical storage vessels, filter beds, liquid